Re: [LUG] Last Lecture

>Hi yall,
>
>Just a short note to say thanks very much to those who arranged and
>set up the
>Linux day at Exeter last Sunday.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  However,
>due to
>powers beyond my control I was inable to attend the lecture about
>linking
>computers, so they make a super computer or something.  Are there
>any notes
>available or instructions of how to do it as I have a contact with
>lots of 486's?
>..  I mean lots; and I have been given a fre rein with them, (well
>ish).
>
>Can anyone help.
>
>thanks JM

I only heard it mentioned as an example, was there a phantom talk?
However it does exist, I had a search out of curiosity after I heard
of the Beowulf project (www.beowulf.org), but be warned its not a
walk in the park =) The cheaper 486 kinda projects are at
www.beowulf-underground.org although I hope you have loads of time on
your hands. Maybe we could get together one weekend as a group and
try something like this ;-)  Take a look at www.lobos.nih.gov/ they
have a neat pic of 'one bank of machines'
Good luck

-- Tom Laithwate, tomlai at eclipse.co.uk