Re: [LUG] Last Lecture

Tom Laithwate wrote:

> I only heard it mentioned as an example, was there a phantom talk?

More a phantom demo.

We were hoping to do a demo of clustering but that went by way of
technical problems..... The demonstrator managed to break one of the two
machines in the cluster.

At least two attendees have a keen interest in clustering (Nigel and
Adrian IIRC), and I know some other people.

A quick search of Google Usenet archive for uk.comp.os.linux for Titanic
should give a link discussing how Linux clusters can be used for
rendering.

No doubt my friends at the Met Office regard wiring lots of DEC Alphas
together running Linux is hard work compared to paying Cray to wire them
for you even if you end up running UNICOS *8-)