Re: [LUG] 2.4 kernels

John Horne wrote:

> > You need all the following for  a kernel 2.4.x
> > (taken from the kernel-2.4.x-HOWTO)

You do need the required software - no idea on pcmcia - but I use PCMCIA
on my desktop box anyway.

> Oddly enough I still had an old 2.2.16 kernel available (via lilo and on the
> disk), but booting that didn't help. Odd, since changing the kernel won't
> change the pppd file itself.

Funny my dual boot 2.4.0, 2.2.18, is working fine, except all networking
but ethernet networking breaks at 2.4. Sure you didn't fiddle with
something like /etc/module.conf ?

I didn't check the PPP version having got the latest and greatest ppp
for 6.1 from Redhat a few weeks ago, but it was still out of date *8-(.
So I have a little upgrading to do.

Alas 2.4 isn't high on my agenda at the moment, as it doesn't do
anything new for me that I need as far as I know, although it will let
me use threads with my BIND 9 test runs (<sarcasm>Yippee</sarcasm>), and
learn iptables (having just mastered ipchains).

	Still I need to be up to date knowledge wise.

	Simon
--
Want to learn about Linux? Get it installed?
Devon and Cornwall LUG Event for UK Linux Day