Re: [LUG] LDE: Page on LUG Site.

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Simon Waters wrote:

> You seem to have bypassed their plan that people would buy the map for
> their web site.

Erm, well yes.  I supposese we really shouldn't be using that one if they
want paying for it - are there any free alternatives?

> How do you persuade these people to host servers for you ?
> When I left Uni it was hard enough to get an account (Tardis at Edin
> came to the rescue)...

Pay them :).  This is 99ukp +vat per month.  We used to used Densitron,
but they had a security breach (not rerally a problem - we weren't
breached) but they wouldn't tell us what threy were doing to improve
security, so we took the box away.

--
Learn about linux / 29th of April 2001
At Exeter University - www.linuxday.org.uk