Re: [LUG] Linux Install Fest at Exeter

Chris wrote:

> > 3) Helping people install Linux.
>
> The easy bit, alsong as they have sensible hardware.  I assume we will
> have .net access to locate weird drivers etc?

Phil has already pointed out we need access to the Internet, shouldn't
be a problem at the University, but I've added it to the list of
requirements for the venue.

Sounds good so far - a few volunteers to help with installs have said
they "haven't too much experience", don't worry we have one or two with
lots of experience, so a few around to help partition disks and get
things started will be very useful.

I don't class myself as having great experience in installing, having
only done half a dozen or so linux installs, one of the joys of Linux is
not having to reinstall as often as certain OSes I might mention. I've
done load of HP-UX and other Unix installs but they don't count - they
just work - well usually.

	Simon
--
Business http://www.eighth-layer.com/