[LUG] Linux Install Fest at Exeter

Prompted by an e-mailed forwarded from Steve Nice, I have been looking
at options for an Install Fest on April 29 (Sunday). See
www.linuxday.org.uk

Neil Banbow (University of Exeter) feels that he can offer a venue
(There will be a cost - I think we can find sponsorship with or without
the linuxday sponsors for the amounts involved relatively easily). I may
use my company to underwrite the amount if it helps gets the ball
rolling, although I'd rather not end up footing the whole bill.

Neil also feels that promotional activity in this area would fall under
his remit with the University to attract Businesses and business
activity to the University. So he can supply some organisational and
marketing effort!

(Neil originally contacted the LUG, to arrange an open source day, that
has since been postponed to July).

I personally am not over keen on the 'install' side of Install Fests -
prefering to choose my hardware carefully. Neil said he can probably
supply speakers (We were probably both thing of Nick Kew - Hi Nick, hope
your in good voice).

Anyway I feel this opportunity is too good to turn down. Even if my old
Uni is turning ruthlessly capitalistic in it old age 8-)

Please let me know if you are interested!!!

If enough members are interested - I will get Neil and Steve Nice (or
representative) to sign up to the Linux User Group list - as were not
exactly high volume and can organise it through this.

If there are strong objections to organising this through the list, I'll
set up a seperate list for interested parties.

Let me have your opinions on:

1) Using the list as a focus for organising things.
2) Attending.
3) Helping people install Linux.
4) Presenting.
5) Having your business represented (would a 100GBP charge be
prohibitive for business sponsors)

emailto:Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk

I'll summarise to the list on Wednesday morning.

	Simon
--
Business http://www.eighth-layer.com/
Personal http://www.wretched.demon.co.uk/