Re: [LUG] Scam callers

On 18/04/2022 08:02, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Mon, 18 Apr 2022 07:51:54 +0100
Barnaby <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Barnaby,

One or two a month maybe.
A month?!  We get barely that many in a year.

I notice the calls are generally during business hours - these people are trying to scam those most likely to fall for it - pensioners. Though I never answer the phone between 18:20 and 18:40 as this is almost guaranteed to be some kind of scam call. Occasionally I feel up for a battle and answer and they ask to speak to the people who used to live here 17 years ago so I' guessing the databases being sold around are never cleaned.

Tom te tom te tom