Re: [LUG] My new project.. a hybrid KVM!

Stinga -

I should probably add, Barrier hasn't really had much of its codebase changed for a
long, long time, and development has stalled. The thing I'm working on with Input
Leap is running a full lint test suite on it, updating the codebase to a newer C++
standard, fixing bugs, and getting more of a developer audience around. IL is still
relatively new, so you shouldn't expect a brand new experience yet.

One of the things we need to aim for is arm64 support. The problem with that is that
Qt 6 is the minimum that now has arm64 support, including for 'Universal BInaries' -
M1 chip.

If anyone is interested in either - or both - Input Leap / Continuity KVM, please
drop me a line! The problem I have with Continuity is driver writing at the moment,
but that's primarily because I don't have a Mac, and also, code signing for
Windows/Mac. For Linux/BSD it's not much of an issue, as you can sign manually.
Although I recognise that's not so much for a LUG to worry about in terms of
Windows/Mac, these are platforms Continuity targets...

On Fri, Feb 18, 2022, at 3:46 PM, Dom Rodriguez/shymega via list wrote:
> Input Leap is still in the process of renaming things to be honest, we
> still have a very old C++ codebase, and need to get CI for older MacOS
> and other OSes setup, etc, it's a long process.
>
> #inputleap on Libera.
>
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2022, at 1:38 AM, stinga wrote:
>> On 17/02/2022 21:41, Dom Rodriguez/shymega via list wrote:
>>> You may already know I used to maintain Barrier, and since then 'Input Leap', a
>>> fork of Barrier. I did not know that and I have found barrier to be buggy,
>>> works... but buggy.
>> I will have a look at Input Leap
>>
>> I found it does not save stuff and works for a long time and then just
>> falls over and it needs to be reset.
>> --
>> 'ooroo
>>
>> Stinga...(:)-)
>> Email: stinga+dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   o
>> You need only two tools.        o /////
>> A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
>> doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
>> the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
>> shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> --