Re: [LUG] Chromebooks

On Wed, 30 Sep 2020, 18:27 Mark Andrew Smith via list,
70???
Surely that's a typo?
THAT could be exactly your issue, then.
A 4GB Chromebook is perfectly good for "normal" surfing and web-based
activities. I think 7 would be a quite lot of tabs to have open, but I
guess people might do that?

--
Kind regards,

Mark Smith
juglugs.com

Nope. 70 is not an uncommon number of tabs for me to have open. Not all the time, but if I'm doing some serious digging I will usually open a link in a discussion on a new tab - if the new tab doesn't hold any fruit for my search then I can close it and go back to the discussion easily.

But then I have 56GB of RAM in my main rig - only 4 in my laptop. I wouldn't dream of trying to put my laptop through the strain of 70+ tabs!

Grant. :)