Re: [LUG] Realtek network adapter RTL8821c

Hiya,

On this date - Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 12:09:39AM +0100, Rob Green wrote:
> Hi guys,sorry how do I unsub from the group please? I found the helpI
> needed thanks :)

Go to the bottom of the page, to the part where it says:
"To unsubscribe from list, get a password reminder, or change your subscription
options enter your subscription email address:"

Enter your email address you signed up with, and follow the instructions.

> On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 at 20:20, George Parker <georgeparker20@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

> > > See here:
> > >
> > > https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=297510
> > > https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=297105
> > >
> > > TLDR: install a 5.x series kernel or fiddle with manual compile and
> > > install of drivers. Lenovo Yogas/IdeaPads are uniquely poorly made and
> > > badly supported by Linux (I have one that needs special attention to
> > > boot normal Ubuntu without throwing ACPI errors so I sympathise).
> > >
> > > If you know what you're doing the quickest way to do this and avoid the
> > > catch 22 of not having working network access to download is boot a more
> > > up to date but largely compatible flavour of Linux with newer software
> > > support and a 5.x kernel - I'd use an Ubuntu 19.10 daily iso. Boot that
> > > from USB and chroot into the existing Mint install which will give you
> > > root on Mint with network access via the host Linux. Apt install a
> > > suitable 5.x kernel for Mint and reboot. Upgrade the BIOS/UEFI if
> > > applicable as the next job.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> >
> > Thank you sir, ever the fount of all knowledge. I'll let you know if I'm
> > successful/competent enough.
> >

> > --

Sincerely,
Dom Rodriguez (shymega).