Re: [LUG] Batch Converter

On 12/11/2018 12:57, Richard Brown wrote:
> I will avoid putting on an operating disk. I have sold the 2 x 2tb
> disks, so they are no longer in the equation. I will look out the laptop
> disks and see what capacity they are.

Well if you've just got a bunch of random drives lying around doing
nothing then it almost seems like a shame not to stick them in the PC
and do something useful- like make a zpool for fun and profit.

If you can figure out why ashift is important and why that's going to be
relevant to your random selection of hard drives you'll have learnt
enough basics to press on and actually use ZFS. Think of all that sweet
sweet copy on write storage...

Cheers