[LUG] VPN was OT: working abroad

On 20/08/18 11:23, Eion MacDonald wrote:
> On 20/08/18 08:46, Gordon Henderson wrote:
>> On Sun, 19 Aug 2018, mr meowski wrote:
>>
>>> I'm going to be pretty mind boggled if literally nobody else here is
>>> using VPNs all the time for everything...
>>
>> Let your mind be boggled then because I don't use VPNs.
>>
>> Gordon
>>

> Ditto. I have no VPN set up on may machines.
> (Machines usually only used at home.)
> A VPN would be useful  but I have not learned how to set one up, and
> cost would be important.
> Set up method,  and recommendation from those who know how, would be
> appreciated. I am willing to learn.
> Use cases: OpenSUSE Leap 15. (95% time);  Windows 10 (5% time)

Just renamed the subject header as the topic has changed or moved
towards VPNs

I agree that learning more about VPNs could be of interest to people,
the sort of thing we could discuss at a tech jam or lug meet.

However just a general introduction, so we can also ask questions.
Granted we can just 'look things up'  but the whole point of physical
events is the social side of things.

we all have our own experiences which enhances any talks.

Anyway if someone would like to do a 'talk' at a future jam then they
are welcome,  planned in advance then hopefully any interested parties
can attend.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton