Re: [LUG] Firefox v40 and Chrome

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015, Martin Gautier wrote:

My understanding is that Firefox lazy loads it's code so if you don't use Hello, Pocket etc. it doesn't get loaded. Having said that, I have disabled these items in about:config

This is what I did too - and a few moments ago, the clunkyness returned...

hello:
loop.enabled = false

Stil false.

pocket:
browser.pocket.enabled = false

Oh dear - FF has changed this to true.

Changed it to false and the clunkyness has gone. Looks like I really need the plugin that Brad suggested afterall.

From 'top':

  PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S  %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
 8644 gordon    20   0 1834m 1.0g  47m S  24.9 27.2  86:06.08 firefox
10104 gordon    20   0  386m 160m  47m S   0.3  4.3   2:32.47 chromium

FF has 3 tabs open and has been running since last night. Chromium is just running a single page on facebook.

Thanks, firefox - your days are numbered.

Gordon