Re: [LUG] Firefox v40 and Chrome

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 14:57:15 +0100
Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 14:17:20 +0100 (BST)
> Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Gordon,
>
> >The latest Firefox v40 is clunky and bloaty. Even more clunky than
>
> The main culprits seem to be Hello, Pocket, Reader & WebRTC.  I've
> installed an add-on (titled Disable Hello, Pocket & Reader+) to
> disable all four, and FF seems to be smoother.
>
> As for Neil's issue, I suggest he starts FF in safe mode to see if he
> can then log into his bank account.  If he can, then start adding them
> back one by one to see what causes the problem.  I know it's a
> PITA....

Never heard of Hello etc named above. I will try safe mode and see what
happens.

Besides Opera, which I have had around for ages, I also have midori and
vivaldi installed, from a time when I was checking out various browsers.
I have tested them both and the bank account log in works fine. It seems
to be just FF v 40.

Neil