Re: [LUG] Too cold to measure temps

10 to 35 is a bit naff, most of the HP kit use to be 5 to 45 which is usually fine
for indoors use in most of the world. My guess is the engineers will have a reason,
one piece will have a lower supported range. Maybe modern disk drives?

However as others commented, the lower range was 5 to avoid complexities from
condensation and frost. Sure they are tougher than the quoted range, but water is a
beast. As google pointed out, whilst electronics might cope with cold disk drives
prefer warmer data centres, and they are the sensitive heart. That said plenty of
folks been putting then I'm vehicles, although I dare say Googles mapping cars
probably don't stand idle long plenty of other cars do.