Re: [LUG] Free BT iPlate thingy ..

tom wrote:
> You'd have to have a lot of VERY noisy stuff on your mains - lots of
> self-opening sixties fridges and old light dimmer switches. The
> extension cable itself may be at fault (they're for phones not BB) - can
> you put the router near your main phone socket and replace the extension
> with Cat6 ... or wireless?
> Tom te tom te tom

Actually a few years back I had some problems with my broadband, it kept
dropping sync etc and was really unreliable.  I figured it was a
Freeserve problem, they said it was my Ethernet ADSL modem as I had a
VIA USB chipset (I had a SpeedTouch Ethernet wired modem - like the USB
modems but with Ethernet rather than USB).  Turns out the problem was
due to the phone cable being tangled up with a mains extension lead
cable.  I separated them and all was fine.  Well, it was as fine as one
could expect from an ISP such as Freeserve!

Rob