Re: [LUG] Free BT iPlate thingy ..

Paul Hirst wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 09:02 +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
>

>> I suspect that if you have extensions from the main socket you might
>> gain something, although these days probably easier to simply get a set
>> of cordless phones and lose all the phone extension cabling entirely.
>>

> I more than doubled by broadband speed by doing this. I suspect the
> extension cable running down to my shed was causing a lot of
> interference. Maybe because it runs in a duct right next to a mains
> cable.

You'd have to have a lot of VERY noisy stuff on your mains - lots of
self-opening sixties fridges and old light dimmer switches. The
extension cable itself may be at fault (they're for phones not BB) - can
you put the router near your main phone socket and replace the extension
with Cat6 ... or wireless?
Tom te tom te tom