Re: [LUG] GnuCash

On Sunday 16 April 2006 6:12 pm, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Neil Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > GnuCash developer right here. I need specific information. Distro,
> > distro  version, platform, gnucash version, where did you get gnucash
> > to build?, what  commands did you use? did you read the README?
>
> Mandriva2006 (64bit). I have a brand new computer and I installed
> Mandriva on to it using the DVD supplied with the boxed version.
>
> Gnucash was already installed when I looked for it so it must have been
> automatically included with the installation.

Looks like Mandriva may have missed one of the dependencies. You should have a
version of slib installed.

Make sure you have corrected the problems that arose from your earlier
attempts at moving files and removing extensions.

> Man gnucash tells me that I have version 1.8.11.
>
> Perhaps I should uninstall it and then re-install it from the DVD?

No, but you might be able to work out what's gone wrong with the guile and
slib setup - that is where your problem lies.

What version of gcc do you have?

What versions of:
guile
slib
g-wrap / libgwrap-runtime

Note that these are Debian names - Mandriva package names probably vary.

--

Neil Williams