Re: [LUG] Forwarding from one web server to another...

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:08:31 +0100
Aaron Trevena wrote:

> The Apache Directive You Are Looking For is ProxyPass.
>
> Forget mucking about with rewrite and virtual domains.
>
> just use :
>
> <VirtualHost ..>
> ProxyPass /somepath/ http://some.other.machine:1234/somepath
> ProxyPassReverse /somepath/ http://some.other.machine:1234/somepath
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Cheers,
>
> A.

Thanks, Aaron.  If the webserver has a public IP (or rather, has portforwarding to
it), some.other.machine doesn't have to have a public IP aswell, does it?  I can use
an internal address?  For example http://192.168.1.101:1234/somepath?

Cheers.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.