Re: [LUG] Linux Laptop

On Thursday 27 January 2005 11:50 am, Julian Hall wrote:
Having a bit of a problem with the website.

I know, I've just worked out why the News and Reviews page keeps changing -
there's a cron task that Alex and I were using that was missed in the website
overhaul. Sorry, Julian. I have deleted the output of the task that is
confusing the Wiki and asked Alex to stop the task. It should be OK then.

I saw your mail late last
night so I thought I'd do the review today (when I'm actually awake!
;)).  However, last night I saw a page that showed a review template,

Don't worry too much about the template - it's a blank version of existing
reviews but it doesn't (currently) include a Wiki markup as such.

but looking for it this morning I can't find it on the website.  I'd
like to follow the template so that (as it's my first review)

I appreciate the thought but there's nothing wrong with free form reviews. The
template is intended only as an aide-memoire. By all means use other reviews
as a guide to the content - I can always add the styling later for you.

The static location of the template is:
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/wiki/?news/dist-reviews/template
So even if the link disappears, you can find it there.

I know I'm
including all the relevant details :)

That's the beauty of the Wiki - you can always come back later and add a few
bits.

Let's not stand on ceremony - the old site was too strict and formal. The Wiki
is loose and free and will grow with the site, instead of needing my
intervention to keep the old scripts updated.

--

Neil Williams