Re: [LUG] Linux Laptop

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:21:05 +0000
Kelly Jones wrote:

I would say you probably have a dead card as i have the same model and
it has worked flawlessly under numerous kernels and distro's.

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 00:36 +0000, Grant Sewell wrote:
And to cap things off... I have a Cisco Aironet 350.  Doesn't work at all.
Doesn't even register with the system, so I can't try using ndis.  Cisco do have
some specific 'drivers' for Linux for this device, but they're for 2.4.x series
kernels only.  The airo and airo_cs modules are also not playing.  It has
crossed my mind that this might be a dead card, but since I haven't got any
Windows laptops around to play with, I can't really test it.

Thanks Kelly.  All things do point to a dead card.  It's actually one of those
PCMCIA-cum-PCI cards (PCI card that's a PCMCIA adaptor), but as far as I can discern
the PCMCIA card part of things is identical to 'proper' PCMCIA cards.  Under Linux
it doesn't even register.  Under Windows - as a PCI card - it completely locks up
the machine.  Under Windows - as a PCMCIA card (found a Windows laptop to try it on)
- it locks up the machine until you eject the device.

Sounds like a dead card to me... I no longer have to wonder why it was free :op

Cheers.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.