Re: [LUG] gcc cannot make an executable

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, Mark Harvey wrote:

> However, I now seem to have a problem with make - it runs out fo virtual
> memmory and bombs out.  I have 96mb of ram and over 200mb available on the
> hd (root section). I cannot seem to get mysql to make - sigh.

My instant thought on this is:
Although you have 96 Mb of ram, how much swap space do you have?
You have got a fair amount of silicon based memory, but you often need a
*LOT* of memory (and CPU power (spot another thread)) to compile stuff
(which is where the swap space comes in).

Just my first thoughts.

Robert Callaghan (norm at termisoc.org)
PGP FingerPrint: B29E 6BB5 B4F0 38D8 CCA9  3BEB EDF0 0A36 9732 7173

"Well, what else were you expecting?"