[LUG]Re: PHP working environment - easy development

Gordon - I can only tell you you transformed things and made it
possible to
*complete*
a project I set myself.
I have building renovation projects on-the-go and maybe shouldn't be
allowing myself "distractions".
But now I have brought that endeavour to a close feeling satisfied.

I worked for one 24hour period ended up with a rough head and
called-out "this can't be right!".  Your answer came and everything
fell into place, with all previous work with a cracking head now
transmuted into something positive.

I won't be able to get into the thinking of your cited example.

I have a factorial program in Lisp - using recursion.
I thought Lisp is "clean" - but your language - something else...!

It's got to be bricks-and-mortar for me.
But I am glad I had a bit of "me time" doing that project.

emacs is "my" working environment making evenything that is not
sensory (visual, audible) doable in "flat" ASCII text.
Admin, engineering notes, engineering calcuations, doing accounts,
calculations like how much cable is needed, etc, etc.
The bookmarks, the abbreviations
(I didn't just type
"Thermo-Mechanically Controlled-Processed High-Strength Low-Alloy"
- that's the expansion of two cryptic abbreviations)
Etc.
I can understand it doesn't do anything for you in your world.

Thanks and best wishes,
Rich S