[LUG]Re: PHP working environment - easy development

On Wed, 19 Jul 2023, rds_met wrote:

Hello all
Gordon - I'd like to send you many many thanks.

You were so so right.
It's transformed my working experience.
That is with the "command line" hint/lead/pointer.

It's seconds per step building up the code.

You'll be knowing - in emacs its "ESC-! php myscr.php arg1 arg2 ..."
with the output showing in a shell output buffer.
Else a shell buffer when need to see through a lot of output.

No, I don't know. I don't use emacs. I've no interest in it.

The PHP code is as follows... (appended)

Maybe nice, but I stopped using php some years back. These days, I stick to (my own) BASIC, BCPL and my own slghtly esoteric programmable calculator-like language; Apricot.

Here is an Apricot program to recursively calculate factorials:

` Recursive Factorial Example

` Run in Editor node:

;G _

` Call from Interactive mode:

(G
"Number? " ? ;F
"Factorial is: " . #
)

`Factorial
(F
  = T                   ` Store in T
  - 1 [ T \ T ) 1]      ` Subtract 1, if zero then return T
  ,                     ` Push value
  - 1 ;F = T            ` Subtract 1, call F, store in T
  ' * T )               ` Pull value, multiply by T and return.

Some more words on it here for the curious...

https://projects.drogon.net/apricot/

-Gordon