[LUG]Re: OT: Mailing list creation

On 30/06/2023 20:08, Michael Everitt wrote:
On 26/06/2023 10:56, Julian Hall wrote:
Hi All,

I volunteer with a museum and I'd like to create a mailing list that works the same way this one does, so volunteers can subscribe to it etc, ideally to host files too. Initially I thought of using Google Groups but that insists all users have a Google account, and some people don't want one. Also you must be signed in to Google to even search for a group, which I think is stupid. [try searching for my group 'Barry War Museum', I'd be interested to see what you find]. I agree with those who don't have and/or want a Google account so I'd like suggestions that are not draconian like Google.

Kind regards,

Julian

I know I've posted before about this on the list, so I won't repeat what I've written before. I did think I'd go looking in the archives for the list to post a link though .. only I'm getting a 403 Forbidden error on the Archives page on the list website ( https://mailman.dcglug.org.uk/hyperkitty/ ). Does the list admin or anyone associated know what has gone wrong here? I think we upgraded to mailman3 a little while back, which should make the UI a lot smoother than ye olde mailman2 .. I do certainly recognise 'hyperkitty' as one of the components for the mailman3 'suite'....

Best regards,

veremit / Michael.
PGP-unsigned as I've got key/sig woes .. about time I created a new key, and re-sign when fixed!

Just to clarify.. my PC is /not/ left on, so I would need a web based solution not one that runs via a local application. GNU Mailman it seems runs on a local machine.

Julian

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley