[LUG]Re: Digging Emacs out of the grave.

Thanks for this explanation.
I’m obviously in a quiet backwater missing sensible updated ways of doing things.
What .emacs.d/ is - that’s very sensible.
Is there a good way of catching-up?  Goods info-sources?
The first date I can find in my .emacs is 23 years ago, for a function which
inserted a backquote because the old 286 laptop computer I used as a serial terminal
while sitting out on the lawn didn’t have a backquote character.
So maybe I need to be more community-minded...