[LUG]Re: Thunderbird deleted folder missing

Isn’t “Trash” where “deleted”?  Analogy to the physical world.  You throw in the
trash can, and the trash can gets emptied at some time later.  Gives a last chance
to scan whether anything is there which shouldn’t be.  You delete trash from among
majority content you want.  When you are about to delete trash you scan for all
trash for something which stands out that it shouldn’t be there.
When you delete from “trash” it’s gone “for ever” - there is nothing remaining on
the computer of it.
Sorry if I’ve hopelessly misunderstood your question…