[LUG]Re: Thunderbird deleted folder missing

On 21/03/2023 13:05, Neil wrote:
My wife uses thunderbird for her emails. She seems to have lost any trace of an email she sent recently.It is not showing in the sent folder. I have also noted that she has a trash folder but no deleted folder. I am wondering what happens to any emails that she deletes.

Any suggestions please? Before I get into trouble for messing up her system,

Neil

Hi Neil,

The existence of any file depends on how it is deleted. If you press SHIFT at the same time as Delete the file is immediately erased and doesn't go into any Trash / Deleted / Bin folder so wouldn't exist when looked for. If you press Delete on its own the file /will/ go into the Trash / Bin etc. Strange it's not showing in the Sent folder.. no disrespect to her or you intended, but is the email accidentally in a Drafts folder and not actually Sent? Alternatively I have had the occasional complaint from Thunderbird sending mail 'unable to write to Sent folder'. Perhaps this occurred and the error was inadvertently overlooked?

Kind regards,

Julian

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly
fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley