[LUG]Re: multiple firefox installs

Hi there
You want someone who knows what they are talking about re. systems.

If your “distro” is installing multiple versions of the same program, surely it
isn’t doing version-control, planning shared libraries and all the things from
knowing what’s there???
So they are likely very “free-standing”?
So can you simply go in as “root” and use the “rm” (remove, delete) command?
Even if libraries etc. are all in one directory (there used to be / is “/usr/bin/“)
then for them to not “collide” their names must be different.  If you have Firefox
version 5.4321 then names might include something like “ff54321”.  Hinting at what
to delete.
If you “break” the apparently one remaining “Firefox” you could always re-install it.

Ask someone who knows what they are talking about.
20 yrs ago MacOSX arrived, then the “Fink” project for unix ports to OSX arrived,
and I’ve spent my time focussing on my niche subject(s) never concerning with
systems.

Rich S.