[LUG]multiple firefox installs

Hello all.

I have found that I have multiple versions of Firefox installed. (110.0)
This follows trying to sort out an issue where clicked external links would open FF but then not open the link, or any other in that instance of FF.
I have now resolved this, but it seems by having a different version installed.
I think the problem was with the SNAP version.
Though I know little about the SNAP workings I already find myself averse to snap versions of software...
I know there are two versions installed because there are multiple choices for it in the menu system and they both have a different history...

I have two questions:
How can I identify which version of FF is the one that is working correctly (Task manager!?)
Is my aversion to snap in any way justified or is it simply a case of understanding more about why snap and how it works?

I would like to only have one version of FF installed- the one that works correctly- but I fear it may be messy trying to uninstall just one of the versions!

Thanks

Pentiddy Woods / Pentiddy Woods newsletter

Attached files are likely to be open-document format (*.odt or *.ods).
Why? So as not to depend on one company for accessing my own data in future.
See:  https://www.documentliberation.org/
MS-Word may say 'damaged file' to discourage this but should open the attachment(s) anyway.

Pentiddy Natural Burials
Heartwood Creations
Pentiddy Community Woodland
Setsudo Ki Aikido