[LUG]Re: OT: Ad Blocking at router level

Very off topic but thought one of you may be knowledgable in the area.
Basically I'd like to be able to block adverts on my router so they
don't even get on my network. For example I get none on YouTube on my PC
but I get inundated with them watching YouTube on my TV on the same
network, and on my phone. The router is an Asus RT-AC68U running /I
think/ a form of Linux.

You can set your router up to be a DNS server and you can manage your own DNS blacklists yourself, or see if PiHole is available for your router.

I've heard DNS level blocking (PiHole) is no longer very effective for YouTube adverts unfortunately. I'm pretty sure it's no longer as good as application level blocking (browser ad-block extensions).

The Asus RT-AC68U does support OpenWrt which will give you lots more flexibility on what you can do, if you have the time:
https://openwrt.org/toh/asus/rt-ac68u