[LUG]Re: Switching audio servers

I managed to fix it in the end by simply going into the console and typing

sudo pacman -S manjaro-pipewire

and then confirming to remove the pulseaudio conflicts

This fixed the issue instantly

fun note: the latency issue only appeared to happen when i was using my GoXLR via usb, sound via HDMI worked fine

On Sun, 8 Jan 2023 at 07:11, Mark Thurston <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 07, 2023 at 09:53:15PM +0000, D-Tronics UK wrote:

> I have recently moved from Windows to Manjaro Linux and i trying to play a
> game via Lutris. i have told Lutris to use Valves Proton API and the game
> works, however, there is a slight audio delay of about 500ms.
>
> I have heard that it could be related to pulseaudio and that switching over
> to pipewire should fix the issue.

I'm not sure what your exact question is but I'm guessing you are
looking for a quick fix to reduce the latency (delay).

The first thing I would try is to reduce the buffer sizes.

Some useful info available here:
https://juho.tykkala.fi/Pulseaudio-and-latency

> native linux apps like firefox the audio works fine so is
> definitely related to how proton/lutris/wine communicates with pulseaudio

I suspect the latency is present all the time including for other applications
but only noticing it when gaming as that's when it's most obvious.

I hope you get it sorted.