[LUG]Re: Mailman version upgrade

Hi Lug,

If you are reading this then the good news is that the list is working on Mailman 3!

The web interface for Mailman 3 lives at https://mailman.dcglug.org.uk/ and old Mailman 2 links will redirect.

Happy mailing,
Alex.

On Wed, 9 Nov 2022, Alex Charrett wrote:

Hi List,

At some point in the coming week I expect to migrate this list from Mailman version 2 to Mailman version 3.

Mailman version 2 has served us well for the last 16 years but is now in maintenance mode only so won't be updated much any more.

https://docs.mailman3.org/en/latest/migration.html#why-upgrade

I don't anticipate any changes in terms of how emails look or are handled but the web UI is significantly different so will require FAQ updates and for us to get used to a different experience.

It will move to a different mail host, but that should be pretty transparent to you all.

For historic reference here is when the list moved to Mailman 2 from Majordomo (wow, that's a flash back!) http://www.dcglug.org.uk/archive/2006/05/msg00400.html

Thanks,
Alex.