Re: [LUG] Mailman version upgrade

On 09/11/2022 09:41, Alex Charrett wrote:
Hi List,

At some point in the coming week I expect to migrate this list from Mailman version 2 to Mailman version 3.

Mailman version 2 has served us well for the last 16 years but is now in maintenance mode only so won't be updated much any more.

https://docs.mailman3.org/en/latest/migration.html#why-upgrade

I don't anticipate any changes in terms of how emails look or are handled but the web UI is significantly different so will require FAQ updates and for us to get used to a different experience.

It will move to a different mail host, but that should be pretty transparent to you all.

For historic reference here is when the list moved to Mailman 2 from Majordomo (wow, that's a flash back!) http://www.dcglug.org.uk/archive/2006/05/msg00400.html

Thanks,
Alex.

Thanks Alex, both for the heads-up and the hosting. The upgrade to Mailman3 will be a great improvement, and hopefully will make management a little easier in the modern web world. I hope everything goes smoothly!
Best,
Michael / veremitz.