Re: [LUG] Libreoffice BASE training/commission

To DCLug
Attention list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Mark Thurston <mark@xxxxxxxxxx>
Copy: Eion MacDonald <eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dear Sir
20220716
Re: [LUG] Libreoffice BASE training/commission

Many thanks I will explore.
Regards
Eion MacDonald

On 15/07/2022 19:29, Mark Thurston wrote:
  > > One way to achieve this would be to set up LibreOffice Base as a frontend to a
RDBMS backend.

  > How would one do that?
  >
  > I have tried Base in LibreOffice but do not feel at all comfortable & I
  > get asked how to do it by some (a very few) of my elderly pupils.
  > Any guides? Hints? Tutorials?
To set up Postgres on Linux:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-postgresql-on-ubuntu-20-04-quickstart

You can then configure LibreOffice Base to connect to the Postgres server that
you've just set up. Hints (not full tutorial) here:
https://superuser.com/questions/391242/how-do-i-connect-to-a-postgresql-server-using-libreoffice-base

This article might also be useful for finding your way around LibreOffice Base:
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/diy-create-easy-to-use-databases-with-libreoffice-base/

--
Regards
Eion MacDonald