Re: [LUG] Libreoffice BASE training/commission

 > > I have had a little play with BASE, set up a basic schema, linked tables.
 > > I am however much happier being led through the next steps rather than wading
 > > and
 > > fumbling through the documentation...!
 > >

 > A somewhat academic question, but how to you (or you B.i.L.) propose to interface
 > LO Base database with QGIs, where it is likely to expect a more standard RDBMS
 > like
 > MySQL/MariaDB or PostGresql (or even sqlite!)?

One way to achieve this would be to set up LibreOffice Base as a frontend to a RDBMS
backend. Re backend database servers, I would highly recommend Postgres but MariaDB
is also well regarded. This approach would have the benefit of allowing you to
develop the database schema without initially having much SQL knowledge but would
give you the benefits of an industry standard backend database.

On a slightly related note, I would highly recommend the SQL Zoo tutorials
(https://sqlzoo.net/wiki/SQL_Tutorial) if anyone is looking to progress their DB
knowledge.

Sorry I can't help you with your commercial job: I might have limited time to
provide advice via the list or off list if specific pointers are required.

Best wishes

Mark