Re: [LUG] Spreadsheet help

On 01/07/2022 11:00, Pentiddy wrote:
Thanks Grant

as stated after the tables...

'I'm looking for the cells in the second 'sheet' to fill automatically from the dataset in the first...'

So 'the bottom table to populate itself from the Status column and the XY coords from the top table.'

I could send a copy of my spreadsheet over, but would need to remove some information due to GDPR. What might be easier (for me!) is if you (or anyone else) would be able to give an example of how to do this on the example I have given I should be able to extrapolate it out to my main spreadsheet.

I realise this is not strictly a Linux question and so doubly appreciate everyone's knowledge and help.

Happy to help:)
I have a better idea of what you want now and it is a fairly standard spreadsheet function.
Something like =VLOOKUP(B2,$Sheet2.A2:K11,A2+1,0) where B2 is your Y coord and A2 your X coord. The 2 param is the range containing your XY table.

I have attached an example sheet with your test case in it.

Cheers,
Pete