Re: [LUG] Apt upgrading zoneminder. or not in this case

On 08/06/2022 20:41, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Wed, 8 Jun 2022 18:07:30 +0800
stinga <stinga+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello stinga,

I am trying to apt upgrade zoneminder, but it wont upgrade....
I'm not averse to using repos other than Debian's own (I do it myself),
however, having DMO & zoneminder's own repo is likely to cause a fair
amount of issue:  In this case, because the epoch number in the DMO
supersedes the zoneminder version number (2:1.32.nn in DMO versus
1.36.nn in zoneminder)[1]

I think disabling the DMO repo (at least temporarily) may help.
After re-enabling it, you'll have to pin the zoneminder version.  Note
though, that you may already have dependency issues as a result of your
repo settings.

[1] Unless I've misread things - always a possibility.
G'day Brad,

Thanks for the help.

Yes, I believe you are correct, I have just found...

root@legato:~# apt-cache policy zoneminder
zoneminder:
  Installed: 2:1.30.4-dmo1+deb9u2
  Candidate: 2:1.30.4-dmo1+deb9u2
  Version table:
 *** 2:1.30.4-dmo1+deb9u2 100
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.36.7-stretch 500
        500 https://zmrepo.zoneminder.com/debian/release-1.36 stretch/ Packages
     1.36.5-stretch 500
        500 https://zmrepo.zoneminder.com/debian/release-1.36 stretch/ Packages

If the version number are just string compares then

1.36.7-stretch is < 2:1.30.4-dmo1+deb9u2
--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\