Re: [LUG] Apt upgrading zoneminder. or not in this case

On Wed, 8 Jun 2022 18:07:30 +0800
stinga <stinga+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello stinga,

>I am trying to apt upgrade zoneminder, but it wont upgrade....

I'm not averse to using repos other than Debian's own (I do it myself),
however, having DMO & zoneminder's own repo is likely to cause a fair
amount of issue:  In this case, because the epoch number in the DMO
supersedes the zoneminder version number (2:1.32.nn in DMO versus
1.36.nn in zoneminder)[1]

I think disabling the DMO repo (at least temporarily) may help.
After re-enabling it, you'll have to pin the zoneminder version.  Note
though, that you may already have dependency issues as a result of your
repo settings.

[1] Unless I've misread things - always a possibility.

--
 Regards  _
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"