[LUG] Strange change to log on

I have suddenly started to get some strange behaviour at log in with my desk top computer.

I am informed ....

American Megatrends

BIOS 09/27/2018

H310M-ITX/oc uefi p3.10

Then I am told that UEFI defaults have been loaded.

Then I am invited to press F2 for the BIOS screen or F1 to continue.

So I press F1 and continue. But I have not made any changes to anything to do with the BIOS or UEFI. I have no idea what this is all about. (Luckily I have two laptops which are working well.)

If anyone can tell me what the hell is going on I will be very grateful,

Thanks

Neil