Re: [LUG] Cybersecurity careers and skills for children

I've not much expertise in this area but there are many resources online. Here are a few I've come across when browsing:

The Google project zero blog is very good. There is an article about how to get in to security on their blog. They are a group of world class security experts so it's worth a read.

My understanding is that strong programming skills should be a focus. Having an understanding of computer architecture is not going to harm. I can highly recommend the free online nand2tetris course

There are many relevant lists of resources on GitHub, for example: https://github.com/ReversingID/Awesome-Reversing

Also search for: crackmes, capture the flag
These crypto challenges are pretty good: https://cryptopals.com/
Steve Gibson Security Now free podcast is often interesting (but lots of ads unfortunately)