[LUG] Cybersecurity careers and skills for children

Hi All

I know there are a few people here who work in the cyber security field (or at least have contacts). One of the young people at code club is interested in cyber security and ethical hacking.

As this is not my area of expertise, I just wondered if anyone had any contacts who would be able to help support code club or more appropriately perhaps help with discussions at the Paignton Library STEM group at some point please. I tried to reach out to the south west cyber security cluster, but didn't get a reply but I don't know exactly who to contact about this anyway.

It would be nice to encourage people who have expressed interest. Perhaps get more people on board.

I know there are schemes such as this

https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/cyberfirst/overview

Which is fine, if people are properly supported, perhaps there are some better clubs for this that young people could attend. Even if not in Torbay, I can get in touch and ask about them bringing a club down.

If the industry is crying out for people to study this field, then grass roots support is needed.

Thanks for any help

Paul

Paul Sutton, Cert Cont Sci (Open)
https://personaljournal.ca/paulsutton/