[LUG] Internet Connection

Today, suddenly, I am having trouble with my internet connection on my desktop computer.

When I check, it says that my wired connection is fine. Good signal. But when I try to log on to the internet I am told "We are having trouble finding that site". And that is it. No connection. To any site.

My two laptops are fine, in fact I am obviously using one now. So wifi seems ok. When I look at the info on the desktop, it seems that the wifi is on, but not the wired connection, Even so, the wifi should work, surely??

I just don't know enough about all this stuff. Any one who can help please?

Neil