[LUG] Broadband Providers

It’s been a while….

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

I’ve been with Plusnet for 2 years now and give them their due they have been a great provider, however my contract is now coming to an end and reviewing pricing, it seems I can get a better deal with Vodafone with the same speed and service.

I’m on an FTTC connection which gives me about 25Mbps down and 5Mbps up (give or take) and I’ve looked at a few providers who do seem to be more expensive which I am not prepared to go for.

Virgin is a potential option however it being a rented property, I can’t see their plan of installation being approved which is to run a cable up the whole side of the building and then into the property plus I don’t want to pay their high pricing, albeit there’s better speed, I’m not willing to go through the process of trying to get approval and then paying however much a month for it.

Sadly no FTTP in the area either.

So looking through my options, the best bet is Vodafone so I thought I would throw the question out of if anyone in this group uses Vodafone and if the service is good or if best to avoid.

Open to other options as well.

Thank you!

Dan