Re: [LUG] Totally blind electronic musician seeking help with accessible music track a project please help thanks very much.

I  use a screen reader which outputs  text to me via speech.

On 30 Dec 2021, at 18:43, maceion@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

On 30/12/2021 11:25, trahern culver wrote:
> [...]
>> link below:
>> https://dirtywave.com/
>> As well as the hardware you see available for purchase on the website
>> it can also be run barebones on a teenzy 4.1 board and connected up to
>> a raspberry pie to display the information to a sighted user on a
>> screen. There is a cross platform  headless display client which I
>> have linked below:
>> https://github.com/derkyjadex/M8WebDisplay
>> This is a Web display client which the developer of the project tells
>> me will be easy to modify but there is also
>> https://github.com/laamaa/m8c
>> Another display client, I am putting both of them here because those
>> with coding experience will be able to tell me which one is most easy
>> to modify for accessibility.
>>
>> As you can see the clients  are  open source, as is I Believe the
>> firmware for the m8.
>>
>> I would like to use this myself as well as make it accessible to all
>> other  totally blind people.
>> I am looking for somebody to help me with this the first task as I see
>> it is to code  the Display client on the raspberry pie  to output
>> information to   text to speech in a meaningful way.
>> The other aspects of the project as I see it are  physical.
>> The most major physical aspect is building an enclosure for the Teensy
>> board which would include a  volume knob and midi and  audio
>> connections.
>> A physical audio output  for the raspberry pie would also be useful.
>> There is the control system but that can either be a Bluetooth
>> keyboard or gamepad. I understand this is a massive ask of people. But
>> if anybody thinks they would be able to help me or knows anybody that
>> might be up for the challenge please feel free to drop me an email off
>> list or respond to this message. I am asking here because I'm not able
>> to do any of this myself.
>> Thank you for taking the time to read this message everyone I hope you
>> can help me happy Christmas and happy New Year your help with this
>> would be most welcome thank you very much kind regards Trey.
> We got your message the first time, Trey. The fact that nobody has yet responded
> means one of two common things; one, nobody has had time or inclination to research
> the project you propose, or two, that nobody in this list is actually interested.
> Whilst LUGs do often have curious minds present, and I see this quite a bit with
> the
> Fab Labs in Devon too, we're not here to 'do the work' for you - many of us already
> have full lives with family and jobs, and don't normally offer to undertake
> projects
> for unknown others without reward or compensation for their time, skills and
> effort.
> I'm not going to pre-judge your situation here on the list hopefully, but I do want
> to adjust your expectations so that you know how to proceed should you find no help

To Trahern Culver,
Dear Sir,
20211230
Re: [LUG] Totally blind electronic musician seeking help with accessible music track
a project please help thanks very much.

You post caused me to realise I was totally unable to help you.
So sorry no reply was sent by me, not even a "Sorry I cannot help you" message.

However, it raised the question of how you use a computing device, as having had one
blind and deaf grandparent, I am well aware of the limitations.

Does your computing device work by audible input and screen read to you?
Especially for use of email.

A note from you on what you use may help some of us to understand.

I do appreciate how, that while blind you can play and use a musical instrument.

Regards
Eion MacDonald