Re: [LUG] Totally blind electronic musician seeking help with accessible music track a project please help thanks very much.

 Hi Michael thank you for your reply. I hope you had a good Christmas. regarding
your first point, the only reason why I mailed the list twice was because I wasn’t
sure the list had received my first message I thought there might have been some
type of technical difficulty. regarding your second point I would be happy to pay
for someone to help me and fund buying the parts et cetera et cetera but I wasn’t
sure if I could mention this in my message due to the rules of the list. my initial
plan was to see if there was any interest and if there was interest discuss those
details in private with somebody. thank you once again for your kind reply.

On  29 Dec 2021, at 23:45, Michael Everitt <michael@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 29/12/2021 16:34, trahern culver wrote:
> Hi everyone, a belated happy Christmas and early happy New Year to you
> all :-) I hope you're keeping well.
> I’m trey a  totally blind electronic musician based in South Wales, I
> have no coding or DIY electronics ability. However recently I became
> interested in this portable music production system the m8 tracker
> link below:
> https://dirtywave.com/
> As well as the hardware you see available for purchase on the website
> it can also be run barebones on a teenzy 4.1 board and connected up to
> a raspberry pie to display the information to a sighted user on a
> screen. There is a cross platform  headless display client which I
> have linked below:
> https://github.com/derkyjadex/M8WebDisplay
> This is a Web display client which the developer of the project tells
> me will be easy to modify but there is also
> https://github.com/laamaa/m8c
> Another display client, I am putting both of them here because those
> with coding experience will be able to tell me which one is most easy
> to modify for accessibility.
>
> As you can see the clients  are  open source, as is I Believe the
> firmware for the m8.
>
> I would like to use this myself as well as make it accessible to all
> other  totally blind people.
> I am looking for somebody to help me with this the first task as I see
> it is to code  the Display client on the raspberry pie  to output
> information to   text to speech in a meaningful way.
> The other aspects of the project as I see it are  physical.
> The most major physical aspect is building an enclosure for the Teensy
> board which would include a  volume knob and midi and  audio
> connections.
> A physical audio output  for the raspberry pie would also be useful.
> There is the control system but that can either be a Bluetooth
> keyboard or gamepad. I understand this is a massive ask of people. But
> if anybody thinks they would be able to help me or knows anybody that
> might be up for the challenge please feel free to drop me an email off
> list or respond to this message. I am asking here because I'm not able
> to do any of this myself.
> Thank you for taking the time to read this message everyone I hope you
> can help me happy Christmas and happy New Year your help with this
> would be most welcome thank you very much kind regards Trey.
We got your message the first time, Trey. The fact that nobody has yet responded
means one of two common things; one, nobody has had time or inclination to research
the project you propose, or two, that nobody in this list is actually interested.

Whilst LUGs do often have curious minds present, and I see this quite a bit with the
Fab Labs in Devon too, we're not here to 'do the work' for you - many of us already
have full lives with family and jobs, and don't normally offer to undertake projects
for unknown others without reward or compensation for their time, skills and effort.
I'm not going to pre-judge your situation here on the list hopefully, but I do want
to adjust your expectations so that you know how to proceed should you find no help
forthcoming here.

Regards,
Michael / veremitz.