Re: [LUG] Fw: [SECURITY] [DSA 5015-1] samba security update

Dear Dom,

> > Looks like this has been fixed since Debian 10 'Oldstable' Buster, so
> > I shouldn't imagine anyone on this mailing list is affected :)
>
> To be honest, I think it's a valid post to make, it could be some
> people are still on older versions of Debian. One of my servers is
> on the latest, sure.

I think you are unique on this list with your penchant for
millennium-edition software, but I'll take your point! :D

The Debian security team can surely be afforded some praise here. They
recently published their 5000th security advisory (in openjdk, for
those interested), and the bugs are nearly always fixed in a matter of
days.

Best wishes,

Sebastian