Re: [LUG] Hate computers. Hate systemd. [Was Re: Hate computers. Hate HP. Hate USB.

On Tue, 9 Nov 2021 10:30:38 +0000
Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Coming late to this party, but shouldn't the chown be a chown -R?

> julian@Cerce:~$ sudo umount /media/julian/DEMETER
> [sudo] password for julian:
> julian@Cerce:~$ sudo chown julian:julian /media/julian/DEMETER
> julian@Cerce:~$
>
> *saved reply, rebooted*
>
> julian@Cerce:~$ cd /media/julian/DEMETER
> bash: cd: /media/julian/DEMETER: Permission denied
>
> It seems to allow permission mount the device but not to the actual
> files.

So is the mountpoint owned by julian, but the files contained on it
still belong to the original owner?

> Juliam

Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

fraser