Re: [LUG] Hate computers. Hate systemd. [Was Re: Hate computers. Hate HP. Hate USB.

On 06/11/2021 12:12, Julian Hall wrote:

Completely lost now. That's why I asked if there is a file that may be corrupt somewhere that tells a remote share who the owner is.

Julian

Ha this is the problem that just won't die...

Let's have one last look at this then, we probably all want to know how this ends after all these months. Rather than blindly give you instructions to fix it with the chmod hammer let's find out exactly what's going on.

Let's find out who you are and what your UID/GID is:

id

Better have a look at fstab again:

cat /etc/fstab

And because we all think it's permissions problems, let's check the directory listings:

ls -alh /path/to/your/nfs/mount

I like logs:

journalctl -b | grep -i mount

Also if I remember rightly from talking about this before you found an option on the Synology NAS to switch from NFS3 to NFS4 right? I'd flip that on as well just because.

You _could_ just sledgehammer fix this with a brutal chmod -R /mnt/point at any time but I wouldn't recommend it.