Re: [LUG] Psychology of boot messages was Re: Hate computers. Hate HP. Hate USB.

On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 at 16:53, comrade meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

back of the stack and found the Dell consultant's personal USB thumb
drive still stuck in the back of the server. He'd been taking shortcuts
to avoid having to go through the hideous download procedure for all the
gated firmware etc tools he needed so was sensibly caching them on a
drive for easy access and had simply forgotten he'd left it still
plugged in. It was stopping the entire system and it's disk array
booting... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's that sort of thing that makes my normally placid mind start thinking about sharp pointy objects, especially as he must have known when he couldn't find it later and decided to CHA instead of fessing up.

Damn, just remembering that sometimes I seriously hate computers too. Or
more specifically, the people who design them. The poor computers didn't
do anything after all, except what they've been told to by us inept humans.

Maybe, but that is what the computers would want us to think, no?